Okay seriously, I LOVE to work at home. I love the idea of not wearing makeup and just staying in my yoga or sweatpants … I LOVE it! I LOVE not having the office drama and being involved in that garbage that just weighs you down! It’s much easier to stay away from when you’re literally, not IN the office.
But you know what? sometimes, sometimes… WAH can be tough! The dogs see a squirrel and bark nonstop , babysitter cancels and you sit your kiddo in front of Sponge Bob for an hour or 4…yes that’s right, I said 4 hours! I’m not alone right?! Everything I do for work is online, the frustration is real when you have a windy day 💨 and poor connection. 😩
I needed some encouragement to help stay focused and continue to accomplish my work and do it well! because that’s what I am committed too! ✅
So here are a few things I came across that just brightened my day about WAH:
- I can be outside for my breaks and lunch! ☀️🌈
- I no longer have to commute-which means no long drives in the snow ❄️ and less time in my car on the road and more time at home!
- Shower – I don’t HAVE to shower everyday before work, I just through my hair up in that messy bun and get to work 🙀
- Dress – I don’t have to worry about spending money and buying office clothes
- Smells – I can burn a candle or essential oils whenever I want!
- I can eat whatever and whenever I want
- When a delivery comes to the house, I can quickly sign and don’t have to reschedule
- And really there are a lot more advantages and I thank God for this opportunity for this time in our lives that I need to be close to my children.
What to work on:
- getting up earlier in the morning ( I try this all the time, I just can’t get this)
- taking and timing my breaks to step away
- Keep my work space, just that WORK SPACE and only that
- Keep in mind – I cannot do it ALL!
- Ditch distractions – stay focused! making a to-do list for work and for home
Working At Home Mom (WAHM) is an honor and I am beyond blessed to have this job! I like what I do,I get to help patients and that’s what is most important to me. But I am dedicated and work hard, so I can be productive and that is my daily goal. But… I am also a mom, and am Always a mom, fulltime, no off time! and as an employee I have off time, this isn’t non-stop gig, like the mom role. I need to keep that in mind when I am working, I will always be a mother first, but that doesn’t make me a worse employee
WAH has its challenges, but doesn’t every job? Its just how you look at it and I still believe I am beyond blessed to be a WAHM! 🙏🏻