That’s right folks! I am finally working from home! I’m so happy! And so far, so good 🙃
So I’ve learned a few things, my first couple days home:
We did not put enough insulation in, I can hear EVERYTHING!
I love to have a choice on having a window open! Awww… fresh air 🌅
I always set my clothes out the night before, keep that routine otherwise you’ll be in you PJs all day….which is comfy but I don’t feel like I’m “ready” for the day with jammies on. (So I change my sweatpants 😝)
Make a schedule for your kids! My daughter was getting used to being in charge while I worked, but they always argued about what to do, so I found a few summer schedules online and used different pieces to create my own.
5. When you’re day is done, it’s done! Turn everything off and shut down.
6. Take breaks!
Shhh… sometimes my break involves a quick hug and kiss from kiddos 🙂 a bonus working from home, you can do that 👍🏻
**But one suggestion with this, use a timer. That way you and your kiddos know when the break is done and you have to head back.
7. Have a dedicated space to work. I’m so thankful my hubby built an office for me! That way I feel like my work and home are in a way, still separate.
8. Watch what you eat! I found myself all day grazing away in the cupboards 😬
9. Give yourself a break- there are some days that aren’t going to go smooth working from home, but you’ll figure it out. Just stay committed and you’ll figure it out.
10. Stay Connected- right away it was hard for me to adjust not having others around greeting me in the morning and asking about my weekend. To help with that, I online chat with a few team members regularly and I have one day I go into the office ( and honestly that’s enough😉). But really if you came from an office and are making that transfer to WAH, figure out a good way to stay connected. You’re still part of a team!
I am beyond blessed and thank God everyday, for this opportunity to work from home! He always has a plan and provides 🙏🏻
Hi friends! My name is Christy and I am a Christian, working mom of 3 and happily married to my high school sweetheart. I love my job however I love my kids more! I want to encourage other working moms(and every mom) to stay positive and look for those blessings everytime!
If you'd like to Contact me please email me: email@example.com
View more posts