That’s right folks! I am finally working from home! I’m so happy! And so far, so good 🙃
So I’ve learned a few things, my first couple days home:
5. When you’re day is done, it’s done! Turn everything off and shut down.
6. Take breaks!
Shhh… sometimes my break involves a quick hug and kiss from kiddos 🙂 a bonus working from home, you can do that 👍🏻
**But one suggestion with this, use a timer. That way you and your kiddos know when the break is done and you have to head back.
7. Have a dedicated space to work. I’m so thankful my hubby built an office for me! That way I feel like my work and home are in a way, still separate.
8. Watch what you eat! I found myself all day grazing away in the cupboards 😬
9. Give yourself a break- there are some days that aren’t going to go smooth working from home, but you’ll figure it out. Just stay committed and you’ll figure it out.
10. Stay Connected- right away it was hard for me to adjust not having others around greeting me in the morning and asking about my weekend. To help with that, I online chat with a few team members regularly and I have one day I go into the office ( and honestly that’s enough😉). But really if you came from an office and are making that transfer to WAH, figure out a good way to stay connected. You’re still part of a team!
- We did not put enough insulation in, I can hear EVERYTHING!
- I love to have a choice on having a window open! Awww… fresh air 🌅
- I always set my clothes out the night before, keep that routine otherwise you’ll be in you PJs all day….which is comfy but I don’t feel like I’m “ready” for the day with jammies on. (So I change my sweatpants 😝)
- Make a schedule for your kids! My daughter was getting used to being in charge while I worked, but they always argued about what to do, so I found a few summer schedules online and used different pieces to create my own.
I am beyond blessed and thank God everyday, for this opportunity to work from home! He always has a plan and provides 🙏🏻
Hope you have a blessed day xoxo