Hello friends! The weekend is coming up and with warmer weather coming our way (hopefully) it may be BBQ/potluck/summer party or just a hangout with family, friends and neighbors kind of weekend!
Broccoli and Bacon Salad
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3-4 cups of Broccoli
- I use steamed broccoli I can put in the microwave and then quickly chop it up.
- 4-5 pieces of cooked bacon
- I cook bacon pretty often so I usually have some in the fridge. However, if I don’t I have used bacon bits before too (1/2 cup).
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of red onion (finely chopped)
- Mix the sugar, mayo and vinegar, together with a wisk.
- In a separate bowl, mix everything else.
- Take the sugar mix and pour over the broccoli mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator.
Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 box Tri-Colored Tortini Pasta
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 1 Orange, 1 Red and 1 Yellow chopped Peppers
- 1 Bottle of Italian Dressing ( I LOVE and ONLY use Olive Garden’s Italian Dressing)
- Mix all together, chill for an hour or 2, and then ready to go!
Velveeta Salsa Dip
- 1 lb (16 oz) of Velveeta
- 1 Cup of your favorite Salsa
- Cut Velveeta into into cubes and mix with salsa.
- Then you can microwave for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. At this point I always mix in the crockpot and put on low. Stirring occasionally. once cheese melted I’ll switch to warm and put the whole crockpot out for the party. That way it stays melted and smooth for the next couple hours.
- favorite fruit (melons, strawberries, raspberries and grapes work best) Cut into pieces that would fit well on a kabob stick
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese, cut into cubes
- arrange fruit and cheese on the kabob stick (something the kiddos can help with)
- this is an easy recipe that can be modified to your family’s favorite fruit and cheese
- Also, a nice, clean and healthy option