So total honesty friends – I did not care so much for this recipe It was missing something, I don’t know if it needed salt, more onions or of course more mayo is always a good option… I maybe should have tried that.
But I researched a few other Tuna Salad recipes and here are a few add-in options that others had suggested: cream of mushroom soup, milk, bread crumbs and of course more cheese is always a good option 🙂
However, I’m still going to share this recipe because even though it maybe wasn’t great the first time, doesn’t mean it won’t turn out good the 2nd time. And just because I don’t like it, doesn’t mean you won’t😏
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 3 cans of tuna (5oz.)
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp. celery seed
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook macaroni, drain, rinse with cold water, and let cool completly.
- Boil your eggs, if you haven’t already.
- In a bowl, mix mayo, relish, celery seed, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the Tuna.
- Pour Mayo mixture over the cool pasta. Mix well.
- Add chopped eggs, onions and peas.
- Stir well and cool in fridge for a couple hours.
- Then enjoy for lunch or add as a side your burger cookout