Start preparing your kids for school ahead of time, like more than the day before 😉
All 3 of my kids have some type of anxiety around school (really who doesn’t?) so starting to prepare them (and reminders for me) is key for our family!
Here are some tips we use at our house:
- Reading – start reading some books about going back to school. I have one that is going into Pre-K (or Young Fives) so I do this mostly with him. Here are a few favorites
- Bedtime routine – Again, this is probably most important for my little guy. However, sleep is important for all ages (even mamas too). so starting to ease into a earlier bedtime a few weeks before or the week of, works well for everyone in the family!
- School Preparation Date – Make School exciting for the kids and take them, individually, on a date to get school clothes/supplies and have them pick their favorite restaurant to have lunch or dinner at. I did this for the first time this year, and I will defiantly make this a tradition!
- Ready Checklist ✅ created a simple checklist for my girls, so they know what they need to do before they leave for school. (However, for my son this year, I’ll have to create one with pics, because he can’t read yet) I put it up on the door, just a very simple reminder…for them and me 🙂
- Forms/Appointment – did you hand in all the forms and complete all the needed doctor appointments? Hair appointments? Medication refills that your child might have to take to school?
- School Calendar – Once I have the final school calendar, I put all those dates into my home/work calendar.
- I also ask for any days off from work I may need for special school occasions.
- Lunch Notes 📝 this is something my mom would do just once in awhile and I loved it! it was just a nice reminder in the middle of the day that no matter what your mama is thinking, praying and will ALWAYS love you… no matter what happens at school!
- Click on the pics below to bring you straight to Amazon – simple and Easy
- I hope and pray everyone has an awesome start to the school year and everything goes smooth 👍🏻
- Stay safe! Blessings to a wonderful school year💕