Hello beautiful people!
Have you ever had a time that you have to bring something to a potluck and have no idea what to bring?! So you jump on Pinterest for a few minutes or hour 🤨 get all these elaborate, awesome ideas and then can’t decide which one to do! I think that I want to do something fancy and impress everyone, but then again I don’t have much time, money or much in the house for that matter.
So this salad recipe is pretty simple (and looks fancy) and is a surprising favorite to many! And I think it is even pretty healthy too 🤔
I first tried it at a work potluck and was just trying it to be “polite” to the person who brought it and ended up loving it!
Now I bring it often and it is pretty simple to throw together! Of course, I did some tweaks to the recipe to make it even easier.
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3-4 cups of Broccoli
- I use steamed broccoli I can put in the microwave and then quickly chop it up.
- 4-5 pieces of cooked bacon
- I cook bacon pretty often so I usually have some in the fridge. However, if I don’t I have used bacon bits before too (1/2 cup).
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of red onion (finely chopped)
- Mix the sugar, mayo and vinegar, together with a wisk.
- In a separate bowl, mix everything else.
- Take the sugar mix and pour over the broccoli mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator.
Bring to your next potluck Or add as a side to lunch or dinner.
Enjoy friends 😊