Hmmm… so I am not doing as well as I would hope. I was excited with the new year and I think my expectations were too high for myself. Although I have done well on a few of them, I think the ones I am not doing so well on are the everyday activities I need to add and that includes changing my routine…which I am not so good with 😐
So here is the breakdown on how my goals are going:
- Drink more water – not doing so well with this, although I have stopped the midmorning Coke and having my Chrystal Light Energy drinks.
- Exercise – I wasn’t feeling so well for awhile and was super tired (more than what I normally am) and just didn’t feel like moving, but I guess that’s when you should move the most, right?! I have been doing a few minutes of indoor biking, but I’d like to do more.
- Expose more people to Norwex – haven’t really worked on this one 🤨
- Try 1 new recipe a month – yeah!! this I have been accomplishing!! and it’s great because I have found some awesome recipes!👍🏻
- Get to work on time – Another one, I have been doing well at! Although this is hard, because when I leave the house in the morning, I know I could do one more thing to help out my hubby get the kids off, but he’s pretty awesome and I know he can handle it 😘But being to work on time is important to me because I am trying to make a better impression on my boss, who I guess hasn’t been too impressed with me 🤔
- Get the house more organized – I have taken a good step forward on this one, with my laundry update (earlier blog). But I still have more ideas to help get more organized, so we’ll see when I get a chance to work on those.
- Become more efficient -becoming more organized, I will be more efficient, again more work on those 2 pieces. However, I started getting my groceries delivered! Woohoo, this is AWESOME!! A part of me does miss going to the grocery store and I still do some shopping at Aldi’s but I do most of the grocery shopping through Shipt, that goes to Meijer. It is so nice! More time for other things ✅
- Read devotions or be in His word every day – I haven’t been making this happen EVERY DAY but more than what I was last year, so kind of accomplished.
- Have a prayer list and truly pray for those on it – this has been eye-opening! I can’t believe how many people their are to pray for! I do say it a lot “I’ll keep you in my prayers” and I have been writing them down and I feel good when I take time for that person/family.
- Learn more about Anxiety (for our Daughter) and our family – I have slowly been reading a book called “Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents” and it has been very insightful! I think we’re always going to keep learning, since this is something our daughter will struggle with for the rest of her life, but anything we can do to better support her; We’ll figure it out!
I will keep trying…I have to be better at prioritizing my time and what’s truly important! my overall goals of making this list is to get closer to God and help myself feel better, so I am a better person for my family. Again, I will keep trying…